Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Third trimester, here we come

So, I begin my third trimester this week. It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

Even though I'm 29 weeks, I still barely look pregnant. I just look like a fat person! But I can tell I am starting to explode so I imagine in another week or two, I'll look more pregnant instead of fat. I'm okay with the fact I haven't really looked pregnant. I lost weight at first and then I gained that weight back plus a few more pounds. The less weight I gain, the less I have to lose after the baby comes!

I'm over halfway through the childbirth classes and honestly, they've made me more scared than anything. I'm already scared of this whole thing and these classes have really freaked me out. Each night I leave almost in tears and feeling like there is no way I can do this birthing thing. But it's a little too late now so here we go. I'm hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel and the end result of these classes will make me feel more comfortable. I don't think it's the class itself, it's just the reality that, yep, that IS, in fact, where the baby comes out and YES it does hurt like hell. But honestly, I have learned a lot and know more now than I did before the classes. So yay for that!

We had another shower this weekend. I got to see some out-of-state family and we celebrated not only little Corbin but also celebrated some birthdays. We ate and ate and ate. But I had fun and enjoyed getting to see everyone. I am so blessed to have such a close family. It's unfortunate that all families aren't like mine.

We had 5 little boys at my grandma's house at one time. FIVE! There was lots of action going on. Allen seemed to enjoy it and dive right into the fun and mischief. He really will be a good daddy and I think us having a little boy will be great for him. I imagine I'll be fussing at him just as much as I do Corbin!

We had a good baby shower. We got lots more stuff and even got enough money and gift cards to just about get the baby's room done! I am crossing my fingers and toes and everything else that Allen really gets motivated and can get moving on the baby's room. I can't wait for it to get done. And I can't wait for little Corbin to come, even though I am terrified of the process it will take to get him here!

No comments:

Post a Comment