Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big bellies

My belly is becoming larger and larger each and everyday and I am just about out of clothes to wear. I haven't really bought a lot of maternity clothes because I haven't needed them. My weight gain has been slow and I have mixed feelings about it. It sucks to be 8 months pregnant and still be where some people can't tell you are pregnant at all. I guess I just look fat. I've looked fat for years so it'd be nice to "look" pregnant for a change!

My belly doesn't seem to be taking on the typical pregnancy shape. It just looks odd. But anyway, it has been growing a lot over the past few weeks and my clothes are not fitting anymore. I have 2 pair of maternity pants and maybe 3-4 shirts but that's it. I have maybe 2 other pants I can wear now but I can tell they will not fit me by the end of this week. So, either I wear the same outfit over and over again for the next few weeks or I must go shopping.

Things are still very frustrating right now. Allen and I are at a point where we just don't know what to do. He hasn't had any luck finding work and we've settled on the fact he will stay at home with the baby but was still hoping to find at least another part-time job. But he can't even find part-time work. It's frustrating because we were hoping for him to work a lot before the baby comes and then he could slow down or stop to be home with him. But now, with him not working much, it's getting harder and harder.

We've decided the business will have to wait because we can't logically afford to fund his business right now. So we're going to wait a few more months and hope we can figure out how to get some things straightened out.

As for the car, well we're not getting the Honda Odyssey. There's just no way without getting a loan and we can't take on any extra debt right now. Plus, Dave Ramsey says NO. So, instead, we're probably going to sell Allen's van and use that money to buy something else, probably nothing great but at least something larger than what we have.

But I know we're blessed and I know things could be worse. I just hope we will figure things out soon. I'm thankful that we can even consider having one of us stay home but at the same time, I can't take care of us now so I know on my salary I can't support a baby too. So we still have a lot to figure out but not a lot of time to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment