Thursday, May 26, 2011

Almost perfect

So, I'm into my 38th week and I thought I'd end this pregnancy being able to say I had a pretty decent pregnancy. Other than the emotional ups and downs, which really aren't that abnormal for me anyway, the only bad part of my pregnancy has been the first few months where I had the nausea and headaches. I've been sore here and there and have had bad days and have been tired but I haven't had hardly any of the "other stuff" that goes along with pregnancy.

But apparently, I've talked too much about how lucky I've had it because now I'm starting to get some of that "other stuff." My feet and ankles started swelling earlier this week and not just a little bit. They are ginormous and they hurt. And now, I'm starting to get some heartburn too. I've never really had heartburn but let me tell you, that mess hurts. and it makes it very hard to sleep.

Still though, I have 2 weeks to go and I'm going to think positive. I'm going to hope that it won't be this bad the rest of the time. And if a little swelling and SOME heartburn is all I have to deal with, I'll be okay with that.

My problem now is my next few doctor's appointments. I went this week and I was violated a wee bit too much. When he told me he was going to check my cervix, I pictured something totally different than what actually happened. It was the most painful thing ever and my first thought was, if this makes me about cry, I can only imagine what labor will do. But he most definitely found my cervix and I'm pretty sure he found the top of my baby's head. He said I hadn't really dilated much so I should be okay for now. SO, my fears of going this week may be somewhat relieved but still, you never really know when this whole thing is going to happen.

On a happy, not so personal note, the baby's room is 98% done. Allen got the floor in now. All that is left is the wall border, one closet door and the entry door, both of which need to be trimmed. Then, Allen has to finish building a dresser for the closet and get the electrical going. I think that's it. It's all odd end stuff but I'm hoping he'll be done very soon. In the meantime, he's getting ready to start on our bathroom and get that done, hopefully before the baby comes.

I must say, Corbin's room looks amazing! Allen did a great job and I am lucky to have a husband who can do all this work and who wanted to do it. He put his heart and soul into Corbin's room and honestly, I'm a little jealous. Corbin's room is way nicer than our bedroom!!! We have agreed that if Corbin decides to draw or paint on his walls, we will give him a paintbrush and make him repaint the room all by  himself. Allen said that when he was growing up, his punishment was to paint stuff. So he's passing that on to our kid. I guess it's better than a whooping or sending him to his really, nice awesome room!

No comments:

Post a Comment