Tuesday, July 5, 2011

5 weeks

So I am entering my last week of maternity leave and though there is a part of me that is SO ready to get back to work, there's another part of me that's dreading it. I know that I will miss Corbin and it will be an adjustment to get back into my crazy, hectic life as a news reporter. But I am thankful for my job. It is a job that is flexible and will allow me to still see my little man. Though Allen will be a stay at home daddy for a bit, he does work part time and while he's working, I'll be able to stay home with the baby. I'm thankful I have a job that cares about me and my family and will allow me to adjust to motherhood.

I know going back to work will be hard. My life for the past 6 weeks has been turned upside down. It has consisted of feeding and changing a newborn, along with very little sleep. My brain very often feels dead and I'm not sure it will be able to just jump back into the reporter thing but I will certainly try to get back to normal.

I know had I not had the issue of my csection incision becoming infected, my recovery would have been a little better and I could have more enjoyed my time off. I am still dealing with recovery, though I hope by the end of this week, my incision will completely healed.

As for Corbin, he's adjusting pretty well to his life outside the womb. He's slowly, very slowly, distinguishing between day and night and he's been a good baby. He's already experienced a lot and I think I'm going to have a pretty tough little boy.

Hopefully, as my life returns back to normal, or at least my new normal, I can write more in my blog. Though no one reads this, I enjoy writing in it. It's my release and I especially love to go back and read past things about my pregnancy, to remember how I was feeling at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment