Monday, July 11, 2011

Back to normal, sort of

Well, this week will be the week we see what I am made of. Can I handle the daily demands of a reporter AND a mother? It'll probably take some time but I'm hoping that in time, we will adjust and return to our new normal. The new normal I am talking about is learning how to live off of Corbin's sleep schedule and learning how to be a family.

It's been a rough six weeks. My sleep schedule has been turned upside down and my priorities in life are way different then they used to be. It's been an interesting ride, a good ride but a hard one. I know it'll take some time to adjust but I'm thankful for my new life as a mom.

Another thing we'll have to try to work out is taking time for each other. Right now, we take Corbin in shifts at night, or at least we try. So, if I'm sleeping, Allen is awake. This makes for very little snuggle time and I miss that. Allen and I are giving all our attention and love to Corbin and we are so tired, there's very little attention left to give to each other. But hopefully that will change in time. Allen is still number one in my life. He always will be. That's the way God wants it to be!

Speaking of God, Corbin was dedicated this past Sunday. Allen and I made the decision weeks ago and knew it was something we wanted to do. It's something we both take seriously. It's going to be a challenge but we truly want to be better people and to raise our son in a loving, nurturing and more importantly, Christian home. That's really what a dedication is, promising that you will teach your child about God and raise him in a Christian home. We will for sure have some obstacles but hopefully we will get through them and come out even stronger. Corbin has a Godmother that will definitely make sure we do a good job! That's why we chose her!

As for the whole infection thing, I'm still, YES STILL, healing. I will be very happy when this whole ordeal is behind me. The good news is, the hole in my incision is now about a half inch wide so it is getting smaller and supposedly I will be good as new in no time. I'll be glad too because I haven't been able to take a bath since I had Corbin. I've had to stick to showers and I do not like that! My body is sore and needs to soak so as soon as this thing heals, I'm taking me a nice, long bath and bringing a nice, long book with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment