Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another one?

So, the plan was to have more than one child. Allen and I have discussed having two kids, three at the absolute most. Immediately after Corbin was born, I was like, "Yeah, I'll do it again." But that was when I was still in the hospital bed and hadn't gotten up to walk yet. Once I got out of bed, or the nurses helped me get out of bed, I was like, "NO WAY." But then I got home and got settled and was like, "Ok, I can do this again." But then, I got that infection and was back to the "No way" frame of mind. Then Allen said "NO way." Poor thing. It was a lot of work taking care of both a newborn and myself!

But here we are, 6 weeks later and we are back to "OK, we can do this again, just not right now."

So, we've decided that once Corbin is a year old, we'll discuss it and go from there. I don't know if I could handle 3 kids. That's a lot of kids! Two seems more reasonable. I was an only child growing up so it's important to me for us to have more than one. It's no fun not having any siblings to beat up. I want Corbin to have a younger brother or sister he can push around and protect when need be. I imagine having a girl next. That way Corbin and his daddy can gang up on her boyfriends. Corbin can protect his little sister.

Speaking of two, God knows what he's doing doesn't he? Not that I ever questioned it but I was really hoping for twins with Corbin. I was thinking about the two-for-one deal, having to go through labor once but getting two babies. But I never really thought about having two screaming, hungry newborns at home. SOOOO thank you God for only giving me one right now! You know exactly what I can handle and neither Allen nor I could have handled two at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment