Tuesday, July 12, 2011

baby noises

Babies are odd little things. They don't really do much. I remember in probably the second week whining about how boring Corbin was. He doesn't do anything exciting I told Allen. He just eats, sleeps and pees and poops. The most I could get out of him was a hilarious facial expressing when he was pooping.

Today, he still doesn't do much but he's starting to come around. He makes funny little noises and he smiles when you least expect it, you know, like when you don't have a camera anywhere nearby.

Corbin could lift his head really early on. He was trying to do it in the hospital and by the time he was a week old, he had conquered the head lifting. He still can't hold it up for too long a period but man, what a strong little boy I have. He's already trying to push himself up. I predict he'll be walking way too early.

Corbin's newest thing is pulling my hair. I used to could get it out of his hands but now, he has too tight a grip and I have to fight with him to let it loose! He's going to be strong and that kind of scares me.

He's also starting to recognize things. He used to only look at lights but now he'll actually look at objects and people. He loves to look at his daddy. He'll just stare at Allen like he's the best thing in the world. That makes me smile.

The funniest thing Corbin does is just flail his arms and legs all over the place. If you lay him down, that's what he does. I'm not sure he knows yet that he controls his arms and legs. Sometimes, he hits himself in the face and then he screams bloody murder, like he thought you did it! Sometimes he'll hit me in the fact and it hurts! It's funny to watch because his arms are really going in every direction, like a crazy person. He looks like he's conducting an orchestra or practicing his karate moves! I wonder when he'll know he has control and I'll be glad when he does so he will stop hitting me in the face.

So that's really all Corbin has done so far. But it's more than he did the first week. He really wasn't exciting that first week but we loved looking at him so much, it didn't matter really that he couldn't do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment