Thursday, July 14, 2011

A new budget

Babies are expensive little things!

People always say they are expensive but I guess I didn't listen very well. I mean, how much can something so small that only eats one thing cost?!? But it's true, the costs add up to be significant.

I tried to breastfeed Corbin but it just didn't work. I really felt like I would have no trouble and couldn't imagine anything going wrong with that but it did. I was able to do it the first two times in the hospital after he was born but after that, it just didn't work. And once I got home, I did try but I was in so much pain, it was hard to try too much so I gave up and we just decided to buy formula. So there's an extra $100 a month in expenses!

We bought the van for Corbin as well. And yeah, we could have gotten something different and cheaper but we got something that would support our family for many years. But that's an extra expense as well.

And then there's insurance. It's amazing how much insurance is. I had to put Corbin on my insurance at work since Allen is not working. It's super expensive and added a pretty giant increase to our monthly budget so my paychecks have shrunk drastically because of that.

Then there's doctor's expenses and I'm sure other things that I'm leaving out. It gets expensive.

Quite honestly, I don't know how we are going to do it. I can't support us on my paycheck. It's just not going to happen but I'm trying not to stress over it and I'm trying to just do what I can for now. I hope that God will provide us with an opportunity to help us figure things out.

Allen is still trying for his business. We are so ready but financially, it's just not going anywhere. We can't put money out of our pockets into this business right now and we can't, with a clear conscience, go to a bank and get a loan for it either. So we're kind of stuck there. I guess we are waiting on God to help us out there too!

I don't know what to do. I am so happy Corbin gets to stay home with Allen but realistically, we can't survive off my paycheck so we have to do something. I'm just not sure what. And until then, we'll continue to get by the best way we know how to, on a little bit of money and a whole lot of faith!!

No comments:

Post a Comment