Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A year older

So I am now 31 years old. I don't really feel any different.

I had a decent birthday. It was very low key and I got to spend my evening with Corbin and my dad. My dad took me out to eat since Allen had to work. Allen also made my day special by making me a cute little wooden heart on a base. The heart has Corbin's name, birthdate and footprints on it. He also gave me a bunch of "coupons" that I can redeem for stuff like backrubs, a romantic night out and things like that. It was sweet that Allen did presents from the heart this year. I like those better anyway!

Each day, my little boy seems to grow. He is now 11 pounds. He seems to be developing quite well. I love to watch him discover things. And I love to talk to him and watch the way he stares at me like he knows exactly what I am talking about. I love it even more when he starts smiling at me in mid-sentence. I just love this little boy. He has certainly brought something special into my life and it makes this whole getting older thing a whole lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment