Monday, September 19, 2011

4 months and counting.....

It's hard to believe but my little man is 4 months old! Where has the time gone? And why, as he starts to gain more energy and want to squeal and wiggle and all that fun stuff, am I already thinking of names for the next baby?

Anyway, we're not ready yet by no means so it's just a thought and that's it. But I love having a little baby. It makes me feel important, like I finally have a purpose in this world.

But Corbin is growing so fast, I can't believe it! He's giggling and making all sorts of noises. I swear he even said mama but I doubt he knows what it means so I'm not counting it as his first word. My life has definitely changed but I'm quite happy about the changes. I can't believe that I didn't want kids at first. What was I thinking???

So last week was my week to fast. I made it 3 whole days. That's it. I'm just really stressed out right now and I don't have the willpower but hey, I made it 3 days with no meat or caffeine so I'm proud of myself. And it was a long 3 days.

I plan to do it again when my brain is right. I just wasn't as into it as I should have been so I plan to try again real soon. And next time, I will make it!

In other excitement, we had another fundraiser for Jennifer's scholarship. Bethel had its Unity Festival this weekend and we sold bbq chicken plates. My dad cooked the chicken and it was great, as usual! We only sold 100 plates and we sold out in 2 hours. This year, I was not as into it as usual. There's been so much going on but thank God for my dad. He did a lot of the work this year. And thank God for my family. If it wasn't for them, I'd definitely be in trouble because I wouldn't have any help at all these fundraisers. So prior to this fundraiser we were close to $12,000. Now, after the fundraiser, we are closer to $14,000, actually a little over $14,000. I'm super excited. It's only been 2 years and look how much we've raised! Jennifer would be proud.

We have 3 more years to reach our $25,000 goal and I'm pretty confident we'll surpass it. I'm even more excited about that.

I still miss Jennifer everyday but it does seem to be getting better. Doing this scholarship has helped me grieve in a more productive way. And I think it has done the same for her family. It has allowed us to join together and do something positive to remember Jennifer. And I know Jennifer is looking down on us and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment