Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goals and a New Year

Christmas is over! YES! I'm both happy and sad over this! Happy because Christmas is stressful and no matter how much I plan to not stress over gift giving and instead focus on the true meaning, I wind up being stressed out anyway. But I'm sad because Corbin's first Christmas is over.

This child is growing up too fast.

He's holding his own bottle now, rolling over, pulling himself up in his crib, drinking juice and just growing! I'm thankful he's such a healthy little boy but good grief, I feel like every time I blink, he grows.

But anyway we had a great Christmas. Allen and I are blessed. We got our Christmas present early (Corbin) so we had no expectations for this year. We just wanted to see our little man take it all in. He unwrapped most of his presents by himself and by the end, he was really good at it. He got that part down. We also tried to read to him some Bible Christmas stories so we could get a good start on teaching him the true meaning.

All the people and parties and stuff overwhelmed him at times but he did pretty good, I think.

Now, it's New Years. It's the time for me to focus on all the stuff I want to do in 2012 and all the stuff I didn't do in 2011.

So, I need to lose weight. Duh. I'm a woman so that, of course, is going to be on the list. I have to make it happen this year. I hate looking into the mirror. It's like there are 4 of me in there. When did I get to be such a giant person?

Organization is on my list too. Don't know how that will happen but I'm determined that in 2012 I will get more organized and I will finally have Corbin's baby book thing done.

I gotta get back into writing. I used to love writing. Now, I do it for a living and though I do love my job, I have no more brainpower left after I get a newspaper out each week. But I want to start writing more. It makes me happy. It gets me thinking. It helps me express myself. And even though no one reads this blog but me, I plan to start writing more in it.

I also want to start reading more. I have no time for book reading anymore. Well maybe I do, I am just not managing my time correctly. When I have free time, I am sitting on my butt playing on my phone (Facebook and Scrabble) so I need to divert that free time to reading. I want to read more than just novels and fun stuff. I want to read things that will give me knowledge, you know those pesky books you are forced to read in school so when you get out, you swear to never touch them again.

This is just part of my list. There's more. I just have to figure it out....and organize it. So, maybe by next year, I'll have it up here.

2 comments:

  1. I read it too!
    So, I found this site it's called 101 in 1001. It's like a resolution list of things you want to do in 1001 days. Your list of resolutions sound much like my 101 in 1001 list. If you want some company and *hopefully* cheering from a tiny cheering squad I'll take the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley. I'll check that site out. I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete