Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Will 2012 be THE year for my house?

So it's a new year and after what seemed like a super long break, I am hopeful the house renovations will begin in full force this month.

Last year, Allen was in super high gear, trying to get Corbin's room done. I was all excited because he claimed that our bathroom and living room would also get done but they did not. So, Corbin's room is the only finished room in my house.

I hate my house. It's an old piece of crap. We bought it as a fixer upper, knowing stuff would be wrong. But there has been more than just stuff wrong with this house. Everything is wrong with it. It's been a nightmare. It also hasn't helped that for the last few years, we've lived off my little, teeny tiny newspaper woman salary. That's definitely played a role in how much got done.

We did things all wrong anyway. We should have went in, painted every room and then once that was done, took one room at a time. But no, that's now how we do things in the Clark household. We came in, ripped down all but one tiny kitchen cabinet, ripped up carpet, pulled down sheetrock, etc., etc. So I've been living in a shell of a house for years. Allen says I'm exaggerating but I'm not. If you are a woman and you had to live in my house, you would probably think the same thing. I'm not even going to go into detail on what needs to be done. But the one thing that has been done is that everything has been torn down. Now, we just need to put it back up. I'm hopeful this year, stuff will be put back up. There's really nothing left to tear down.

Allen is doing all this work himself. From the electrical to building new walls, a new bathroom, everything, he's doing it all. It's time consuming for one person.

We have a baby now and it's super important our house gets done ASAP. We can't have Corbin crawling around our house, swinging from loose wires. Although it could be fun, it is also dangerous. I dread the day this boy crawls. It will be a scary day and it will be a day I lock him in his room!

No comments:

Post a Comment