Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on Stephanie

I finally got a chance to go visit Stephanie and her parents in the hospital. This week has been super crazy at work. I've had board meetings, elections and then there's the Blooming Festival. It makes for a crazy week. So it wasn't until Thursday I could get down to Pitt County. Stephanie's parents seem okay. They seem optimistic about things and it's inspiring to see how faithful they are at a time like this. I am certainly not that way and I am ashamed at myself. I didn't have plans to actually go see Stephanie in her room. They are limited visitors so her parents sit out in the waiting room, occasionally going in to visit. While we were there, I ended up going in with her mom. I was glad I did. I imagined a coma, even though medically induced, to pretty scary. I didn't know if I could handle seeing her like that and I certainly didn't want to break down in front of her mom. But I held it together. When Mrs. Ragland talked to Steph, she opened her eyes a bit. She's got some movement going on too. That was certainly encouraging to hear. Stephanie's got a long road ahead of her. I'm trying to be confident that she'll come out of this and be okay. I have to believe God wouldn't take another daughter the Raglands. And though, I have yet to get on my knees and pray, I have prayed for Stephanie. And I will continue to do so. I may be angry at God and I may not understand His ways, but I do still believe in Him and I believe that through this whole thing, something good will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment