Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Back to the Grind

So I am now in my third full week back at work. Unfortunately, because Allen stays home with the kids and I work, I wasn't able to take as much time off as I would have liked, especially considering everything that happened.

So just a week and a few days after my appendix surgery, I came on back to the office and on my first day back, covered an 8 hour retreat. Fun stuff!

Things have been crazy at home. It's very stressful right now, readjusting to our new lives. Corbin is adjusting okay but he's very clingy now and has not been sleeping well so many nights, he ends up in our beds.

Unfortunately, with everything that went on, we lived in hotels and then at my dads and were never home. I'm sure that had an impact on Corbin and his adjustment to our new life has been a little challenging. But Corbin is doing pretty good with his brother so that's good!

On a side note, me being home has given Corbin an epiphany and now he is suddenly a momma's boy so when I get home from work, he is actually happy to see me and wants to be with me. Now that is a great reason to rush home everyday!

Anyway, work has been going well. I've gotten right back into the groove of things but am already working a lot again and I miss my boys a lot. Being a working mom is really hard. I miss my kids and I want to be able to spend more time with them. I'm trying to learn how to savor the moments I do have with them. But it is hard. When I get home at night, I'm exhausted and I just want to sit down and relax. Yet somehow, so far, I'm finding the strength, and time, to play with Corbin and be with Devin too. Now I just have to find time to be with Allen!

No comments:

Post a Comment